Educating Your Staff on IPC
Many long-term care leaders struggled to efficiently educate their staff on best IPC practices and policies in the midst of the chaos. Do you feel your staff is educated well on IPC? Is there more training to be done?
Leading into 2021 it is just as important your staff feels confident in IPC policies and best practices. With new regulations, LTCFs are under immense pressure to uphold these policies, and a robust education program is the best way to maintain them.
Online Training is the Best Tool for Training Your Staff
A good online training platform will have these benefits:
- Created by industry leaders
- On-demand, learn at your own pace
- Comprehensive education plan
An IPC focused online course should educate your staff on:
- Difference between cleaning and disinfecting
- Education on the chain of infection
- How to properly wear PPE
Certification Will Distinguish Your Facility
Having your staff educated is a crucial first step. However, offering an online course to your staff that includes certification is becoming a must-have.
Your future residents place safety from infection at the top of their priority list when looking for an LTCF. By certifying your staff you are showing your current residents and future ones you take IPC seriously.
Here are a few key benefits to an IPC certification:
- Trust that you can keep them safe
- Your staff will be well-educated on industry best practices
- Distinguish your facility as one that takes IPC seriously
An Industry Leader in IPC Training
The Health-e certification is a five-step approach that uses advanced electrostatic technology and recognized infection control and cleaning protocols to maintain healthy surface environments.
- Provide your staff with infection prevention and control education and training.
- Reopen your facility with confidence knowing that your team understands proper cleaning and disinfection procedures and best work practices.
- Show customers, guests, clients or employees your commitment to health and safety.
- Get immediate access to your certificate.
- Learn the five foundations of effective infection prevention.
The Best Technology for Disinfection
Electrostatic spraying has drawn increased interest through the public health emergency because of the need to disinfect large indoor spaces (e.g., schools, offices, businesses) or areas with many surfaces. Unlike conventional spraying methods, electrostatic sprayers apply a positive charge to liquid disinfectants as they pass through the nozzle. The positively charged disinfectant is attracted to negatively charged surfaces, which allows for efficient coating of hard nonporous surfaces.
Save time, chemical, and labor costs by using electrostatic sprayers to disinfect your facility. Talk to one of our experts today to request a quote.